g4l.eu is a free online portal created by players, for players! Our team consists of very different characters, all united in their addiction to gaming. We got together to create something new - g4l.eu!
It was our goal to create a platform which offers players the possibility of creating their own tournaments just as they desire, without having to follow too strict rules.
Many gamers know the feeling: Their requests and wishes do not get the attention they deserve. Their favourite games do not have any league, no tournaments are held. Reasons for this were 'too few players', 'clans with too few members' or the fact that there are only 'few active community members' to create a league. Most internet portals have to follow economic interests, which means that only leagues for well-known franchises with very large communities or markets can be supported. Games which are less known or do not have a large support are being ignored, as support for these games does not seem to pay off.
We, the g4l.eu team, were also confronted with exactly the same problems. Asking larger portals to create leagues for our favourite games was being ignored, either because they expected too few players or because these games werenot listed in the Top 10 charts.
In rare cases a league actually existed, but we had to follow strict rules or did not have any vote considering the order of events, the rating system or organisational questions. Enough is enough, so we decided to create our own platform, offering all our gamers exactly what we though was missing. The idea was born - g4l.eu!
What does gamesforleague offer?
- Easy registration, partly without email account (depending on league type)
- Player profile
- Fast creation / deletion of a league using the player profile
- Betting game integrated
- Ticket system integrated
- Tools to rate matches and players
- Guestbook for players
- Social networking plugins like facebook, twitter and youtube channels
- Newswriting, automatically visible on the front page
- 3 Languages supported, i.e. German and English, partly French
- Internal messenger with mail notifications
- Player gallery (photos, uploaded savegames, etc.)
- Match creation
- Documentation of running matches
- Reporting of closed matches
- Embedding rules, prizes, organisational team info
- Powerful administration tools to manage supporters and players (plus banning)
- Embedding of partner advertisements
- Many team functions (New Team, Change Team, Contact Team, etc.)
- Many tournament functions (Adjust Player Amount, Change Name or Tournament Tree, Change Tournament Matches)
- Tournament Roster
- FFA (FreeForAll) Tools and FFA Rankings
- Many tournament systems (K.O.-System, Double-K.O.-System, League system with rise and fall, WC and EC system (group phase)), more to come
- Duel rankings based on ELO system, deployment systems
- Player Challenges
- Experienced teams with plentiful tournaments with up to 10000 players
- Automatic ranking calculation after each edited report
- Automatic tournament calculation after each submitted or changed tournament match
- Integrated forums
- 'I would like to join this project or support it, e.g. by an own league or with a new idea.'
'I would like to join this project or support it, e.g. by an own league or with a new idea.'
- You should have interest in sports, especially esports
- Good contact to other players or organizations (clubs, clans)
- Own account in the internal forums required, i.e. your forum
- Just write an email to an contact[add]g4l.eu –> 'Join'
- Support others creating their own leagues or running their own tournament concepts
- This support job is unsalaried, i.e. you do not earn money by doing this. Any profits of this project will be distributed among all supporters following treaty rules.
This support job is unsalaried, i.e. you do not earn money by doing this. Any profits of this project will be distributed among all supporters following treaty rules.
- Integration of cash-in tournaments
- Possibility of using an own shop-system